What are cookies
Cookies are small files that allows a website to collect and store a range of data on your device (i.e. computer, phone, tablet etc.). They are used to remember when your computer or device accesses our websites. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Gloryland Store or are part of our ecommerce platform and are vital for the functionality of our websites and enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of us.
What are cookies used for
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For Gloryland Store to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable us to meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our websites from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings".
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files" > "Preferences"
What happens if I disable cookies?
This will depend on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
- email us at email@example.com ; or
- write to us at Gloryland Store, 9 Thirlmere House, 401 Summerwood Road, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 7QU.
You have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
We reserve the right to change the policy at any time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this policy.